Online distance learning
Synchronous and Asynchronous Classes
Synchronous learning refers to all types of learning in which learner(s) and instructor(s) are in the same place, at the same time, in order for learning to take place.
Its basic premise is that learning can occur in different times and spaces particular to each learner. In asynchronous learning, instructors usually set up a learning path, which students engage with at their own pace.
Feedback and consultations
During this pandemic, students are consulted in groups to ensure strong mental health and awareness. This is to ensure that all issues and complaints by the students are resolved and met.
In Leaders, we believe that each child is essential, and that their voices and opinions are heard. Online learning is a new adjustment for everyone, and we plan to do the best to help our students adapt.
Expectations of Students
1. Create a space to limit distractions.
2. Actively follow the daily learning schedule.
3. Seek help when needed (teachers, counselors, principals).
4. Create balance by taking opportunities to work offline and upload tasks.
5. Sign into the classrooms daily - keep connected.
6. Demonstrate learning with completion of assignments.
7. Engage with the classroom and use tools to focus on instructional videos, etc.
8. Communicate with your teacher and examine feedback.
9. Follow the Code of Conduct in Leaders District Virtual Online Learning.
10. Reach out to your teachers if you are overwhelmed.
11. Collaborate with peers using respectful language and behaviors.
12. Use equipment as outlined in the Acceptable Use Policy.
13. Wear attire acceptable for school.
14. Support each other in this new way of learning.
15. Participate, Attend, and finish school work before other doing other tasks.
16. Be patient with yourselves and your teachers - we are all learning together!
Expectations of Families
1. Build a Schedule. Traditional school days provide students with a lot of structure—this may be hard to replicate in online e-learning days.
2. Encourage Hard Work and Persistence.
3. Ensure a designated space is available for learning if possible.
4. Get to Know the Online Learning Platform (Google).
5. Stay in Communication with Your Student's Teachers.
6. Support your children in their learning.
7. Anticipate challenges and remain flexible.
8. Check on your children once in a while to make sure they are working hard.
9. Assist your children on a task they might need help with.
10. To give your children their proper meals.
11. Ensure that your children have all the tools that they need (e.g. tablet, laptop, desktop computer).
Online learning will begin at 8:00am daily.
Teachers will be available for online support between 8:00am-2:00pm. Please make sure you or your child contact the teacher during those hours if you have any questions. After 2pm, they may not be available.
All teachers will have a 1 hour lunch break between 12-1pm when they will not be online
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at during our available hours between 8:00am-2:00pm.
Thank you so much for your support during this time and please let us know how we can be of assistance to you or your children. We are praying for good health for all.